Saturday, March 5, 2011

Yes!!

Today I did something amazing! I actually laced up my running shoes and dusted off the treadmill!!! First I had to  move the boxes piled up in front of it. Yeah, it's really been awhile.

I only did a mile and a half,  and I admit it was a struggle. The point is that I did it! I would so much rather walk outside. There is something so freeing about it. The treadmill smacks of drudgery to me. I guess the fact that I can watch the time tick by and the hundredths of miles slowly climb makes it boring. At least when I'm walking outside, I have to finish what I started. If I walk 3 miles away from home, I have to walk them again to get back home. I have the added bonuses of taking my dog and just getting out of the house.

Right now I just want to get below 200 again (current weight 218.6). My goal weight is 140, but one step at a time. I am approaching it in small chunks.

From the sound of things, I will be seeing a lot of my family this summer. I want them to see me looking my best! I may even be able to go to the ocean this year!!! I want to wear a bathing suit without shame.  I know that I will never be perfect. I just want to feel good about me again.

2 comments:

  1. Good Job to you!!! now if i could catch some of that motivation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The motivation part is hard! Yesterday I had it...today is another story!

    ReplyDelete