Sunday, March 6, 2011

Thank you

To my new-found blogger friends, thank you. I feel less alone in my struggle. I feel like maybe I can do this!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have very little in the way of a support system. Oh, my husband loves me just the way I am, and my mother encourages me. I just don't have those friends around that I can share all my ups and downs. I mean, there are some things I just don't think my husband will understand, and there are things I don't want to discuss with my mother!!! She loves me, but she is hella judgmental at times.

I means a lot to me to find this support. I am finding more support on the internet than I ever have thought possible! Thank you!!!

If anyone is interested, there is also a site started some members of the cast of Biggest Loser 10 called Better Living 360 (BL360). I have joined there as well. There is support out there for us!!

http://www.bl360.org/
I'm on under my real name: Kelly Gormley

Hope to see you there or here!!!

2 comments:

  1. I know what ur sayin!!! my husband is 6'2 and weighs 140lbs soakin wet .... he loves me the way i am..he met me like this. But i don't want to stay like this forever. I want to be healthy mainly and move around without feeling like im gonna have an asthma attack!! My sister wants to lose weight together but she talks more than does...I guess i was doing that too! ITS TIME TO DO IT....NO MORE EXCUSES AND DO IT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do this!!! How do I know? Cuz you did it before.

    There are no secrets. No magic pills. No easy way to get there.

    It's about setting goals, reaching them and acknowledging our accomplishments.

    Why do we say I ONLY lost 1 lb but get really down on ourselves when we gain 1 lb. We are our own worst enemies. We would never talk to our friends or treat our friends the way we talk to and treat ourselves.

    Let's encourage ourselves because we are our own best friend.

    I weigh 181.2 and am positive that I can lose 1 lb a week so that by Memorial Day I will weigh 169 lbs.

    We Can Do It

    ReplyDelete